The Climate & Cryosphere (CliC) Core Project of the World Climate Research Program provides grants that aim at increasing the engagement of Early Career Scientists in CliC. The project strives for gender balance and geographical diversity so submissions from regions currently under represented in CliC, such as Asia and Africa, are particularly encouraged.
Objectives: Applications shall target CliC´s vision and mission as described in the Strategic Plan 2022-2031, as well as to address one or more of its five strategic areas, as follows:
- Engagement of a broad and diverse community in cryosphere research
- Cryosphere ice loss- assessment and impacts
- Projection of future ice loss and impacts
- System description of the cryosphere regions
- Knowledge syntheses and communication to stakeholders
- Research visits to laboratories, research groups, etc.
- Research synthesis, fieldwork or analysis.
- Promotion of best practice protocols on research in cryosphere regions attentive to societal and community needs and expectations.
- Educational activities/capacity exchanges related to cryosphere research.
- Research/activities to support participation in policy decision processes.
- Science communication efforts aimed at policy making.
- Dissemination and outreach, e.g., production of media pieces highlighting CliC research and activities.
Not eligible costs:
- Instrumentation or equipment
Funding: CliC grants are up to a maximum of 10 000 Swiss Francs (CHF). Co-funding with other sources will be an advantage.
Timeline: Activities must be completed within one year after the project´s acceptance unless otherwise outlined in the proposal.
Who can apply:
- Early Career Scientist: students enrolled in a PhD programme and scientists who have obtained a PhD within 7 years by 1 March 2023. The period excludes career breaks due to parental leave, health issues, etc.
- For research visits: the visiting institution must differ from the applicant´s country of origin and current country of residence.
Submission deadline: 1 March 2023 at 23:59 /11:59 pm UTC
Visit CliC's annoucement about the grants for the full details including instructions and links to apply.