The Polar Science Early Career Community Office (PSECCO) is opening the PSECCO Conference Travel Grant Program to US-based polar early career scientists and educators who are in need of funding to attend an international or domestic conference at which they intend to present polar science-related content. Travel funding grants aim to support polar early career scientists and educators with demonstrated financial need. The deadline by which to apply is August 14, 2022 at 11.59pm MT.
To be eligible for funding applicants must:
- Be an early career scientist ranging anywhere from an undergraduate student to seven years or less since your last terminal degree OR be a currently practicing educator
- Be based in the United States and affiliated with a US-based institution
- Do research/science focused on or related to polar regions or educate about the polar regions
- Have demonstrated financial need
PSECCO is committed to supporting and creating opportunities for those from backgrounds underrepresented in the sciences, people from groups historically excluded from the polar sciences are encouraged to apply.
Expectations for applicants related to attending the conference include that each PSECCO-funded grantee must:
- Give a presentation at the conference (poster or oral)
- Organize a PSECCO social meet-up event for polar early career scientists and educators at the conference.
To learn more about the grant along with how to submit an application, please visit this page on the PSECCO website.