The Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) and the Southern Ocean Observing System (SOOS) are looking for an early career scientist to join the SOOS Observing System Design Capability Working Group (OSD CWG) as APECS representative.
The successful applicant will have an interest in observing system design for the Southern Ocean. The early career representative will participate in telecons and meetings, help to take minutes and compile notes, serve as a liaison to APECS, help to prepare newsletter items, and contribute to other activities within the SOOS OSD working group.
We are interested in receiving applications from any countries, including those not yet represented by the WG Leadership Group.
The position will be for 2 years (2023-2024 and 2024-2025) and non-salaried, but there will be travel reimbursement for attending one meeting if the working group holds a meeting during your term, and potential for co-authorship of publications.
To apply, you need to meet the following criteria:
- early career researcher (up to 5 years past PhD)
- have a research background that fits the focus of the group
How to apply?
- your CV
- Statement of interest (max one page), including:
- your research background
- your motivation in joining the working group
- your thoughts on how you can contribute to the group and how this would benefit your career
Organized by Gwen Gremion, APECS Representative Coordinator
On behalf of the APECS ExCom and Directorate