The APECS Mentor Program was successfully launched in February 2010 by the APECS Executive Committee. This online mentor database (http://apecs.is/mentors) is an exciting initiative for APECS because it allows our members to tap into the experience of more senior researchers and polar professionals. It also enables the organization to engage more actively with more senior people in the polar research community.
Kate Sinclair is managing the implementation of this project for APECS and is looking for 3-5 people to get involved in a working group (see www.apecs.is/working-groups ) to help enhance and develop the initiative.
The working group will:
- Maintain mentor database on the APECS website.
- Respond to enquiries about the program from mentors.
- Send updates about the program to polar listservs.
- Prepare advertising materials/poster for Oslo IPY meeting.
- Develop ideas for the program and a strategy for developing the database.