Now is the height of the boreal summer and a busy time for field studies for our northern-inclined members. As much as field researchers would hope to the contrary, the rest of the world continues to race along, and we would like to share some of the activities and opportunities happening within APECS and within the broader polar research community.
- Benjamin Beall, APECS Vice-President
Download the newsletter.
In this month’s newsletter …
1.)APECS News and Updates
- APECS panel discussion in Auckland a success
- Literature discussion is live!
- APECS elections
- APECS at MOCA-09
- Students on Ice Expedition
2.) Message from the Director – Summer in Northern Norway
3.) Important news from APECS partners
- Call for nominations: The Martha T. Muse Prize for Science and Policy in Antarctica
- Latest Climate and the Cryosphere “Ice and Climate News” June 2009 Issue Available
- Call for nominations: Arctic Icebreaker Coordinating Committee
- Call for Proposals: European Centre for Arctic Environmental Research (Ny-Ålesund RI), Svalbard, Norway
4.) Meetings, Workshops and Conferences
- ACE Symposium Drilling Workshop: Invitation to Participate
- Call for papers: Symposium on the Politics of Antarctica
- Yukon River in Transition: Water and Climate Change in Southern Yukon
- Register for the UKPN Cryospheric Science Workshop
- Conference Announcement: Arctic Science Summit Week 2010
- Arctic in Rapid Transition (ART) Workshop – Sponsored by IASC, IARC, and APECS
- DISCCRS V: Interdisciplinary Climate Change Research Symposium