IASC and the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) have the pleasure to announce the start of the 2018 IASC Fellowship Program. The Program received 135 applications for only 5 slots. During the selection process, APECS coordinated the generous work of our independent, volunteer reviewers to evaluate and recommend the highest quality candidates, and final selection was made in consultation with each of the IASC Working Group chairs.
The chairs and reviewers were certainly impressed by the record amount and excellent quality of the applications.
The 2018 IASC Fellows are:
- Gillian Young, British Antarctic Survey, UK (Atmosphere Working Group)
- Alice Bradley, Dartmouth College, USA (Cryosphere Working Group)
- Francoise Amelineau, Université de La Rochelle, France (Marine Working Group)
- Stanislav Ksenofontov, University of Zurich, Switzerland (Social and Human Working Group)
- Anna-Maria Virkkala, University of Helsinki, Finland (Terrestrial Working Group)
The IASC Fellowship Program is meant to engage ECS in the work of the IASC Working Groups. More information about the IASC Fellowship Program can be found here.