- Atmosphere and Climate
- General Cryosphere
Norman’s group is interested developing techniques that use unique atmospheric compounds or ratios of compounds to identify and link biochemical processes to atmospheric constituents. Her group uses stable isotope apportionment to identify pollutant and aerosol sources in remote regions. She is also interested in mapping oxidation processes for compounds that contribute to aerosol formation and ice nuclei activation which can initiate precipitation events.
- Mentor Panels
These panels are held at major international conferences and are coordinated by
APECS members. Participation involves a 2-3 hour commitment on the day
of the panel meeting.
- Career Development Presentations
Short presentations at conferences/workshops with a question/answer period.
- Career Development Workshop Sessions
Helping in the coordination and facilitation of sessions at major conferences
- One-on-One Mentoring
Email correspondence with APECS members regarding career advice (including
alternative careers in polar/cryospheric issues), research skills, data
management and occasional research-specific discussions/questions.
- Participation in live online discussions
This will be advertised to all APECS members and will be facilitated by an
APECS Council or Executive Committee Member. Transcripts will be
posted online for future reference.
- Reviewing Resumes/CVs and Assisting with Cover Letter Development.
- Helping to improve presentation and communication skills
- In-person meetings/conferences/seminars
- Telephone/Skype conversations
- Email Exchange
- American Geophysical Union