Polar and Alpine Events Calendar
To Friday 28 May 2021
2nd International online PalaeoArc Conference on ‘Processes and Palaeo-environmental changes in the Arctic: from past to present’ from 25-28 May 2021
The conference will run for about four hours each day, from 14:00-18:15 CET,
with a combination of live talks and discussions and potentially pre-recorded content relevant to the daily themes.
We welcome contributions on the overall theme of the network research programme PalaeoArc that
aims to understand past and present environmental changes and processes in the Arctic.
In particular, we invite oral and poster contributions on four themes divided in four thematic days:
- 25 May 2021: Role and dynamics of Arctic ice sheets and ice caps;
- 26 May 2021: Role and dynamics of high latitude ocean and sea ice;
- 27 May 2021: Role and dynamics of terrestrial environment and landscape evolution;
- 28 May 2021: Climate response to, and interaction between, different parts of the Arctic System.
Abstract deadline: 15 March 2021
Registration deadline: 15 April 2021
The Program Committee will select the winner for the Best Student Talk and Best Student Poster award.
To be eligible, the presenting author of the poster must be a full-time student.
- 24 May 2021: a workshop on arctic foraminifera is offered for young researchers.
A special volume of Arctic Alpine and Antarctic Research (AAAR) is planned in conjunction with the PaleoArc2021 conference.
The special issue in AAAR (https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/uaar20/current) will be advertised with the conference.
On the registration sheet applicants will be asked if they plan on contributing to this collection of papers.
The online conference is free.
For more details on the conference visit the 2nd PalaeoArc conference web-page, http://palaeoarc2021.dst.unipi.it
We are looking forward to see you
With best regards on behalf of the organising committee