Polar and Alpine Events Calendar
To Friday 14 October 2022
Please note that after two years of pandemic we are pleased to invite you to the 9th Polar and Alpine Microbiology Meeting (PAM2022) that will take place in person in German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ), Potsdam, Germany between the 9th and 14th of Oct 2022.
For more information and regular updates please bookmark this link https://events.gfz-potsdam.de/pam2022
Abstract submission: 15 July 2022
Early bird registration: 15 August 2022
The objectives of PAM2022 is to bring together researchers from all over the world to discuss various aspects of microbial diversity, function and activity related to cold-adapted microorganisms in polar and alpine environments. Our aim is to foster discussions about recent developments in the field and to exchange ideas and experiences on an international scale.
The conference will cover different aspects of polar and alpine microbiology:
- Microbial diversity and biogeography in permafrost environments
- Metabolic activity at subzero temperature
- Mechanisms of microbial adaptation and survival in polar environments
- Permafrost astrobiology
- Plant-microbe interaction
- Microbial communities and global change
- Carbon and nitrogen turnover
- Microbial gene pool of cold environments
- Biotechnology for cyrospheric microorganisms
- Eukaryotic microbial diversity (e.g. algae and fungi)
- Viruses in polar and alpine environments
We are looking forward to meeting you in Potsdam in October 2022 and would appreciate if you could spread the word about this meeting.