Polar and Alpine Events Calendar
To Wednesday 08 June 2022
**First Call for Papers** - Abstract submissions are now open!
The Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS), Canadian Geophysical Union (CGU) and the Eastern Snow Conference (ESC) will host a joint scientific meeting from 1 to 8 June, 2022, with a pause over the weekend of 4 to 5 June 2022, in a virtual/online format. The 6-day meeting will be hosted by the CMOS, CGU and ESC Saskatchewan contingent. To enable a compressed, 6-day meeting, the core daily hours will be 0830-1630 CST (UTC-6; 1030-1830h EDT). More detailed information will be posted, as it becomes available, on the Congress website
The overall theme of the Congress is Science Serving Society. The Congress will bring together a wide range of scientists and other professionals with a focus on topics in climate, atmosphere, ocean, hydrology, cryosphere, and earth sciences and their application as services to our society.
The Congress will feature:
- Plenary presentations by leading researchers
- Science sessions that highlight top Canadian and international research contributions across the breadth of the domains of interest of our three societies, as well as sessions that highlight the translation of the science into services that benefit society
- An online lecture of interest to the general public
- Three short workshops sponsored by the CGU that will be of particular interest to young hydrologists
- A high level of interaction of presenters with those attending the sessions for both oral and poster papers, as formal questions and answers, more general discussions and opportunities for one-on-one and small group discussions
- Networking among participants, an awards ceremony and other activities to be announced
Please submit abstracts electronically this link by 28 February 2022. You will be asked to select a specific session or theme if possible. If you cannot find a relevant session or theme, please choose a "General" session and your paper will be assigned to a session with similar themed papers. Please indicate your preference for oral or poster presentation.
A non-refundable fee of $60.00 is required to complete your submission. Your abstract will be evaluated by the Scientific Programme Committee and you will be notified by the Scientific Programme Committee by March 31st of the presentation details, including if your presentation is to be oral or by poster.
Students are encouraged to participate in the Congress and will be offered a reduced registration fee. Volunteer opportunities for students are also available.
Note that an abstract submission does not constitute Congress registration. Registration will open in February 2022.