Polar and Alpine Events Calendar
To Wednesday 29 September 2021
We are pleased to let you know that the 26th International Symposium on Polar Sciences (ISPS2021) will be accepting abstract submissions from April 12 to May 9, 2021. The ISPS2021 is currently scheduled to be held in Incheon, the Republic of Korea from September 27 to 29, 2021.
Please note that while we look forward to holding the symposium in Incheon, we may have to move it online depending on the developments surrounding COVID-19, with a final decision to be announced in June.
With "Responding to Climate Crisis: Contributions of Polar Science and Technology” as its overarching theme, the symposium invites papers that examine:
- Polar climate science in the context of global climate crisis;
- Cryosphere evolution and sea-level change;
- Sea ice and polar oceans in rapid transition;
- A paleoclimate perspective on climatic and environmental extremes;
- Integrated study of subglacial Antarctic lake ecosystems; and
- Technological advances enabling new polar science.
Abstracts will be accepted for oral and poster presentations, and all submissions must be in English. Important dates are as follows:
- Abstract Submission: April 12 - May 9, 2021
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance: June 2021
- ISPS 2021: September 27-29, 2021