Polar and Alpine Events Calendar
To Friday 04 June 2021
Organizers invite abstracts for the 16th Conference on Polar Meteorology and Oceanography. This conference, sponsored by the American Meteorological Society (AMS) and organized by the AMS Polar Meteorology and Oceanography Committee, will be held 1-4 June 2021. Due to continued uncertainty and restrictions on travel associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, this conference will take place entirely virtually.
Papers are solicited on all aspects of polar meteorology and oceanography, including but not limited to:
- Climate variability and change in the polar regions;
- Rapid environmental change in the polar regions;
- Interactions among polar atmosphere-ocean-land-ice components;
- Atmospheric, ocean, land ice, or sea ice physical processes;
- High latitude atmospheric and oceanic dynamics;
- Weather and climate modelling in the polar regions; and
- Connections of the polar regions with the tropics and mid-latitudes.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically via the AMS conference website. Authors of accepted presentations will be notified via email by mid-April 2021.
The conference program will be optimized for a virtual platform. Sessions will take place during the same set of standard work hours for the contiguous United States (e.g., 12:00-5:00 p.m. Eastern time/11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Central time/10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Mountain time/9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Pacific time). Live oral and poster sessions will not overlap.
Submissions by students, early-career scientists, and underrepresented groups will be prioritized, and limited funds in the form of registration fee waivers are available to support participation. Application instructions will be provided when abstract acceptance notifications are sent.
Abstract submission deadline: 5 March 2021
For more information, go to:
For questions, contact: