- Postdoctoral Researcher
Project description and aim
Efforts to find very old, continuous ice records (>1 Ma) have so far mostly focused on deep drilling efforts, in which very old ice is typically found at depths of several kilometers under the surface of the ice sheet. An alternative approach consists of sampling ice in blue ice areas, where old ice is directly redirected towards the surface of the ice sheet.
What are we looking for?
· An enthusiastic, motivated, and independent person, with good communication skills
· Strong background in geosciences, engineering, maths, physics, or related field
· Working collaboratively with team members and national and international partners
What do we offer?
· A fully-funded postdoc position (2 years), with competitive salary and other advantages (pension scheme, public transport to/from work, health insurance)
· A position that directly connects the two universities in Brussels, Belgium (Université libre de Bruxelles and Vrije Universiteit Brussel), enabling you to collaborate with national and international colleagues
The starting date of the position is flexible, but ideally somewhere between October 2023 and early 2024.