The University of Washington Burke Museum invites applications for a collections manager of Heritage – Arts & Cultures (HAC) to manage the cultural and archival collections from the Arctic, Sub-Arctic, and Plateau areas. This full-time, permanent position will be located in Seattle, Washington.
This position will be responsible for caring for the Arctic, Sub-Arctic, and Plateau collections consisting of over 10,600 cultural pieces and an unknown number of archival materials.
Primary duties include:
- Management and maintenance of collections,
- Promoting growth and use of the collections,
- Public outreach, and
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelors in museology or related field, including preventive conservation training;
- Two to three years related work experience;
- Knowledge of and experience with museum archives;
- Experience working with artists, community members, and researchers to access cultural collections;
- Proficient experience with Argus computer database system and other systems; and
- Supervisory experience.
Desired qualifications include:
- Masters of Science degree in museology or related field, including preventive conservation training;
- Experience with cultural collections; and
- Experience writing funded grant proposals.
Application deadline: Open until filled
For more information, including application details, go to:
Full position description