Deadline for proposal of hosting the APECS International Directorate or sub-Office is 31 May 2021.
APECS is open to having either:
- One secretariat location with one or more institutions hosting and providing support for at least 1.5 staff positions; or a
- A dispersed secretariat with:
- the main full-time staff position (Executive Director) being hosted / funded by one or more institutions in one location;
- support-position(s) (part-time or full-time) being hosted and funded by other institutions / countries in another location
Types of Bids
Bids can be sent in from institutions interested in being:
- a host and sponsor of the International Directorate Office
- a partial sponsor (but no hosting) of the International Directorate Office
- a host and sponsor of a sub-office of the International Directorate
- a partial sponsor (but no hosting) of a sub-office of the International Directorate
In the proposal, we ask you to include an explanation of how APECS and the host could work towards mutually beneficial goals, how the presence of APECS would benefit your institution, how APECS would benefit from being hosted by your institution, and a description of the resources, facilities, personnel, programs, relationships, and other factors that would make your institution an outstanding home.
In detail, each bid should contain the following information:
- Name of the institution
- Name of person submitting the application
- Postal address, website address
- Contact details (email and phone) for further inquires
Please include the following:
- Why does your institution want to host / sponsor APECS?
- What are the advantages for APECS to be hosted / sponsored by your institution?
- The size of your institution (number of personnel and students, if applicable) and the constitution of personnel (researchers vs. administrative / technical / support staff)
- How will the APECS International Directorate (or support position) be embedded within the institution's administrative structure and community?
- How does hosting APECS align with the short and/or long term strategy of your institution?
- Please provide a clear statement of what material support and services you can offer APECS with reference to "Expected support from a host institution"
A budget breakdown for a minimum of 3 years (options for longer term funding would be a clear asset); specifying expenses such as salary, travel (conference fees, lodging, per diem), printing, postage, phone and conferencing, personal computer, software, etc.
LoS from a responsible administrative officer confirming intention to provide resources to host directorate from January 2022.