Executive Committee Elections 2018-2019
The elections for the 2018 - 2019 APECS Executive Committee will be held in September 2018 (application deadline 7 September) for the term from 1 October 2018 to 30 September 2019.
APPLY for the APECS Executive Committee to help shape our organisation over the next year and help influence the future of polar research!
The APECS Executive Committee consists of five members, who are elected by the APECS Council to manage the day-to-day decisions of the organization. You can find information about the APECS Executive Committee on the APECS website including some general information, the list of current ExCom members; as well as summaries of their meeting notes.
- 7 September 2018 at 23:59 GMT: application deadline
- 10 - 18 September 2018: Review period within the APECS Council including Q&A call with APECS Council and ExCom applicants
- 19 - 23 September 2018: Voting period within the APECS Council
- 24 - 30 September 2018: Final vote count, review of results, transition process
- 1 October 2018: Announcement of the 2018 - 2019 APECS Executive Committee and President
Who is eligible to apply?
The Executive Committee is a rewarding, but high-paced and work intensive committee and its members must be willing and able to contribute actively throughout their term (except of course during e.g. field work, exam periods, holidays). This is why we require applicants to meet certain eligibility criteria:
You are eligible to apply for the APECS Executive Committee if you are a member of APECS and have prior experience in either:
- the APECS Council (current or past); or
- one of the APECS National Committee leaderships; or
- a coordinating / leading role in an APECS project, workshop or other APECS activity.
You are not eligible to apply if you:
How to apply?
If you have never been on the ExCom mailing list, please follow these steps (all of them are mandatory to complete before the application deadline):
What is the process for applicants after the applications deadline?
The APECS Council will be reviewing your applications from 10 - 18 September 2018. They will be able to ask you questions either:
- on a Q&A call with the Council which is mandatory for all ExCom applicants to attend.
Please ensure that you are available to answer questions during this time and have the possibility to attend the Q&A call.
The Q&A call will also partly be a regular call for the APECS Council with regular Council business being discussed. So if you are an applicant that is not currently on the APECS Council, it will also be a great opportunity to hear a bit what the APECS Council is up to. A detailed agenda will be sent around before the call.
- The Council will be voting on your applications from 19 - 23 September 2018 and we will contact you with the election result on 24 September 2017.
- ExCom applicants who are not elected to the Executive Committee are automatically accepted instead to the APECS Council for 2018 - 2019, so either way you will get a chance to be involved in the APECS leadership in the coming term.
If you have not previously been involved in APECS (or equivalent organization) and want to gain some experience, we encourage you to rather apply to the APECS Council. The APECS Council is the larger of the two leadership committees of APECS and its members work on various projects, coordinate APECS activities, and govern the organization. Unlike in the Executive Committee, no prior experience in APECS is necessary to join the APECS Council, and we encourage all APECS members to consider applying. Working with APECS as a Council member is a great first step towards becoming active and gaining experience in the APECS leadership. Application deadline for the APECS Council is already on 31 July 2018!
Applicants will be listed below in alphabetical order (by last name):