The Journal of Marine Science and Engineering invites manuscript submissions for a special issue titled, The Ice-Ocean Boundary. Editors welcome contributions from a broad range of theoretical, modeling, field, and laboratory research into processes that affect this boundary region. Submissions are welcomed until 31 March 2021.
- Theoretical or numerical representations of boundary layers associated with currents and/or waves at the ice-ocean interface;
- Theory/modeling of shear and form drag on ice;
- Field or lab measurements of ice-ocean boundary processes;
- Lagrangian drift of sea ice forced by waves;
- Temperature and salinity exchanges between ice and ocean;
- The effects of algae, plankton, and other cold region biota on sea ice material properties and the boundary layer;
- The role of sea ice as a mediating buffer between the atmosphere and ocean; and
- Alternative representations of surface ice and its boundary processes (e.g., viscous or viscoelastic layer, discrete element modeling, thin elastic plates).
Submission deadline: 31 March 2021
For questions, contact: