The organizers of POLAR2018 are now accepting session proposals for the joint SCAR and IASC Open Science Conference “Where the Poles meet“, which will be held on 19 - 23 June 2018.
- The organizing committee strongly encourages session topics that encapsulate research conducted in both the Arctic and Antarctic.
- We also encourage including early career scientists as conveners and encourage diversity regarding conveners’ nationalities, gender, and where possible, indigenous peoples.
The tasks of the conveners include:
- Soliciting submissions for their session;
- reviewing the abstracts submitted for the session;
- working with the International Scientific Organizing Committee to arrange the program of their session,
- including oral and poster presentations and
- chairing the session.
Depending on the session proposals received, the International Scientific Organizing Committee might have to merge similar session where necessary and appropriate.