The European Polar Board (EPB), in cooperation with the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS), is seeking one rapporteur to take minutes during the workshop, “Towards harmonisation of polar infrastructure access”, which will be held in Plovdiv, Bulgaria on the 1st August 2019. Application deadline on 10 July 2019.
This is a good opportunity for an early career researcher to gain experience of international coordination and management in polar research and infrastructure. The note taking will be for one half day working with the EPB Secretariat. Cleaned and formatted notes should be provided to the EPB Secretariat within three days of the end of meeting. Due to the fast moving nature of the meeting, it is desirable to have (1) a very high command of English, both written and spoken, (2) some prior experience of reporting or note taking, and (3) some knowledge of polar logistics and research infrastructure.
A short online meeting between the selected rapporteur and the EPB Secretariat will be held during the week prior to the meeting to clarify duties and go over the meeting agenda.
The EPB will provide for the selected rapporteur
- Return flights or travel expenses up to €250 to get to Sofia airport (arriving daytime on 31st July, leaving evening 1st August or 2nd August)
- Return bus transfer between Sofia airport and the meeting venue in Plovdiv
- Accommodation for the night of 31st July, and 1st August if needed
- All meals will be provided
- Additional € 80 to cover any extra costs incurred (with receipts).
The copies of all receipts must be provided for the EPB to reimburse any expenses.