Abstract submission is now open!
Abstracts should be written in English, no longer than 300 words, and submitted to this Google Form prior to 31 March 2020 at 23:59 GMT. We will notify you with regards to the success of your abstract by 15 April 2020.
Participants are welcome to submit an abstract to the following presentation categories:
- An oral presentation via live web-based video conference. Each speaker will have up to 10 minutes (strict) to present their work and 2-3 minutes for fielding questions; this time limit also holds for presentations with more than one speaker.
- A flash talk via live web-based video conference. Each speaker will have up to 3 minutes (strict) to present their work and 2 minutes for questions.
All oral presentations must be live as we will not accept pre-recorded presentations. All sessions of the online conference will be recorded live and made available in online video format post-conference.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- Kate Chenier
- Arindam Chowdhury
- Rahul Dey
- Joana Fragão
- Hugo Guímaro
- Meghan Helmberger
- Stanislav Ksenofontov
- Kara Layton
- Jan-Lukas Menzel
- Dhanendra Singh
- Shipra Nagar
- José Queirós
- Jessica Rohde
- Gabriela Roldan
- Each abstract submission must be original and unpublished for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- The participant shall retain the copyright to entries entered for the conference, however grants APECS unrestricted rights to use and edit submitted materials as needed for organizational purposes with or without explicit attribution.
- By submitting an entry for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having accepted and agreed to be bound by the rules and regulations and granted the organizer, APECS, royalty-free permissions to use any entry for promotional, commercial, or educational purposes. APECS will credit the creator for any use of a video/infographic/artwork.
- All participants should be aware that all plots, photos, films, etc. used in presentations, if not produced by the presenter, should acknowledge the producer. Please include copyright of the material used when appropriate.
- Any people featured in films must also accept and agree with the rules and regulations of this competition. All people in the film must be aware of the materials you are submitting if they contain their likeness. It is the entire and sole responsibility of the entry submitter in the competition to inform and to obtain the appropriate legal permissions of all the people in any submitted videos. Any depiction of minors must include explicit, written parental consent. Entries will be asked to provide proof of these permissions and will be disqualified if these permissions are not secured.
- If music is used, the participant warrants that to no copyright violations will appear. (You can find a lot of free music for commercial use.) Entries will be asked to provide proof of these permissions and will be disqualified if these permissions are not secured.
- The participant further gives his consent that his/her personal data included in the submission will be used for the aforementioned purposes.