To Thursday 22 June 2017
The 31st FRISP workshop will be arranged 19-22 June, 2017 at hotel Panorama in Bergen, Norway.
Please save the dates and join us for three days of interesting presentations and discussions on all aspects of ice shelf related research!
More information is available at: http://folk.uib.no/ngfso/FRISP/news.html#
FRISP - Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes
The FRISP workshop is an informal meeting where we exchange ideas, results and field plans. As always, we welcome presentations on all aspects of ice shelf research, including, but not limited to:
* formation, flow and disintegration of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers
* response of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers to past, present and future climate variability
* surface and basal mass balance of ice shelves
* ice-ocean interaction at the calving front of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers
* mass transport across the grounding line
* ocean circulation and water mass transformation beneath ice shelves and within pro-glacial fjords
* impact of ice shelves on the global ocean
* processes controlling the delivery of ocean heat to glaciated coastlines
* climate records from on or near current or former ice shelves
* iceberg calving, drift, melting, and decay