To Sunday 19 August 2018
Summer biodiversity course on "Evolutionary and Taxonomic Diversity of Marine Invertebrates", White Sea, 25 July - 19 August 2018.
This international course welcomes participants to take a unique insight into a variety of aspects of marine invertebrates’ biodiversity. This course has been specifically designed on the basis on long-term experience to meet emerging challenges of modern life sciences. The in-campus intro provides a quick dive into the topic and all the necessary basic knowledge. The fieldwork on the White Sea is a core part of the course. By entering this adventure you will:
- obtain deep understanding of current views on Tree of Life and invertebrates’ evolution;
- build solid knowledge of invertebrate biodiversity, from phyla to species level;
- understand how marine communities are structured and function;
- master various methods related to sample collection, processing and analysis;
- specifically focus on invertebrate fauna in Arctic seas through fieldwork on the White Sea;
- learn from experienced instructors with extensive scientific and educational expertise;
- gain additional competitive advantage for future career;
- visit one of the oldest zoology departments located in the beautiful city of St Petersburg.
Please find detailed course programme here.
Admission is competitive based on educational background and motivation essay. Acceptance decisions will be announced before 1 March 2018. We look forward to seeing you as our student!
The course fee including tuition, accommodation and return travel between St Petersburg and the White Sea is estimated at €950.