- Postdoctoral Researcher
Post-doctoral researcher (geophysics, f/m/d, TV-L E13, 100%)
Faculty of Science, Department of Geosciences
The Department of Geosciences of the University Tübingen is internationally known for its research in the environmental sciences. In this context, the Division of Geophysics at the Geo- and Environ-mental Center (GUZ) is announcing a position of a
Post-doctoral researcher (geophysics, f/m/d, TV-L E13, 100%).
Starting date as soon as possible for 3 years initially. After a successful mid-term evaluation, the position will be extended for additional 3 years. The position is an excellent opportunity to position yourself for a successful career in academia. We offer attractive and challenging work in a motivated international group that values team work.
We are looking for a talented scientist to deepen or to complement our existing expertise in near-surface imaging using radars. We are open to a wide-range of geophysical techniques (e.g. seismics, electrics, electromagnetics and others) including data analysis and modelling. We welcome scientific applications in terrestrial settings (e.g., near-surface geophysics, critical zone research, glaciology) that integrate well with other groups in our department. We provide much freedom to pursue individual research ideas.
- Establish an independent research profile, including acquisition of third party funding (for example from the German Science Foundation or the European Research Council).
- (Co-)supervision of student research at BSc, MSc and PhD levels.
- Teaching of 4 h per week per semester in courses relating to geophysics on BSc and MSc levels, including applied field mapping courses abroad.
- Dissertation in geophysics, physics, geosciences or related areas.
- Profound experience in one or several geophysical imaging techniques for the near surface which may include data integration & numerical modelling.
- Collegial personality within a workgroup environment, fluency in English.
- Motivation to establish own research profile and a strong academic track record.