MCH consists of compulsory and elective courses organised either by the home university or by an partner or exchange university. Elective courses enable students to focus their studies according their personal interests and career plans. Each student is expected to compose a personal study plan (PSP), which will be updated regularly
- Characteristcs of life in a Northern environment (culture, physical environment, economics, social structures and working in northern conditions);
- Specific features of health, wellbeing, cultural transitions and illnesses of northern residents (holistic view);
- Special needs of people living in the circumpolar region in connection to health promotion, prevention, care and rehabilitation;
- Specific characteristics of diseases, health care systems, and health and wellbeing services in circumpolar region;
- Connections between the northern environment and human health & wellbeing.