On March 21, Russian International Affairs Council will host an expert discussion titled “Science Diplomacy: US-Russia Cooperation in the Arctic”.
The meeting will be broadcasted online at 12:00
Paul Berkman, Coordinator, Arctic Options and Pan-Arctic Options; Professor of Practice in Science Diplomacy, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University; Director, US-Russia Relations Project, Carnegie Corporation, will deliver the key speech at the event.
Leading Russian experts on international cooperation in the Arctic will take part in the discussion.
● The Arctic on the international agenda: geopolitical interests, sustainable development and ever-increasing research
● Russia–US cooperation in the Arctic against the background of Russia–West crisis
● Promoting connections between science, diplomacy and technology on the path to good governance and informed decision-making
● Science diplomacy as a way to reduce tension and build common Russia-US interests
● Interaction between scholars on the Polar issues: prospects for joint Russia-US research and multilateral formats
Working Language: English
The meeting will be broadcasted online at RIAC’s website.
Russian International Affairs Council