Here you can find all the past webinars hosted and orgaised by APECS Canada.
Guest speaker - Steve Fergurson: Killer whale predation in the Arctic
Nick Pilfold: Polar bear predatory behaviour reveals seascape distribution of ringed seal lairs.
Isabel Barrio: Creating a research network to study herbivory in northern and alpine environments.
Patrick O. Englehardt: A textural and lithological examination of the Camp 26 Medial Moraine Atlin, British Columbia, Canada
Leah Beveridge: The Environmental Risks of Shipping in the Canadian Arctic, the Implications for Northerners, and a Way Forward
Guest speaker - Louis Fortier: Deciphering the ontogenic migrations of the Arctic cod using acoustics over the annual cycle in the Beaufort Sea.
Jesica Goldsmit: Early detection of non-indigenous species in ports of the Canadian Arctic: Establishing a baseline.
Matthew Gilbert: Alternative migratory strategies of Arctic char in a highly variable and changing environment.
Karen Dunmall: Arctic Salmon: Monitoring Change through Local Communities
Louise Chavarie: Fatty acid signatures and stomach contents of four sympatric Lake Trout: assessment of trophic patterns among morphotypes and spatio-temportal variability in Great Bear Lake.
Eva Kruemmel and Aynslie Ogden
Marc-André Dubois and Bob Van Dijken
Diane Freeman and Harry Borlase
Nikolaus Gantner and Eric Loring
- Gabrielle Gascon:Three-dimensional changes of the stratigraphy of the accumulation area of the Devon Ice Cap, Nunavut, during a period of climate warming.
- Falk Huettmann:Status, overview and strategic conservation management (Marxan) of the three poles: How do we fit in?
- Emily Choy: Identifying the offshore diet of the eastern Beaufort Sea belugas and the energetic effects of climate change.
- Adam Houben: Permafrost thaw slump effects on tundra lake limnology and Hg cycling in a warnming Arctic.
- Louise Chavarie: An exceptional case of Lake Trout polymorphism: the coexistence of multiple shallow-water forms in Great Bear Lake, NT.
- Kristen Peck: Eating off of the same plate: interactions between a small mammal and invertebrate herbivores
- Jean-Sebastien Moore: Describing the dispersal behaviour of Baffin Island anadromous Arctic char using a genetic assignment approach.
- Moritz Schmid: New perspectives in zooplankton sampling: use of in situ optical imaging to profile the vertical distributions of taxa
- Heather Mariash: Implications of a changing Arctic to freshwater ecosystems: adaptions to shorter ice cover.
- Cortney A. Watt: How adaptable are narwhal: a comparison of foraging behaviour among the world’s three narwhal populations
- Jennifer Provencher: Pollution and parasites; why they both matter in marine bird conservation.
- Kiah Hachey (Research Advisor, Dept. of Social & Cultural Development, Nunavut Tunngavik Inc.)
- Sonia Wesche (Assistant professor in the department of geography at the University of Ottawa)
- Deborah Simmons (Adjunct Professor in the department of Native Studies & Natural Resources Institute, University of Manitoba) & Jean Polfus (PhD candidate at the University of Manitoba) & Walter Bayha (member of the Délı̨nę First Nation).